Strawberry Salad and Rhubarb Balsamic Vinaigrette, yum! No one really wants to hear this … but swimsuit season is coming. Perhaps it’s time get lean by leaning seriously into salad? This gem was made with white and red strawberries from Sand Hill Berries, and lettuces from one of our favorite farmers, Joddo Ends of Coldco Farm. The vinaigrette is made with Tait Farm Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, a reliable farm-to-table maker of delicious preserves and more.
STRAWBERRY SALAD AND RHUBARB BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tait Farm Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- 1 melon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Liokareas extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns, whole
- Salt and pepper to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 lb strawberries from Sand Hill Berries
- 1/2 lb pineberries or more strawberries
- 1 head frissée lettuce
- Sliced cucumber
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly from Tiny Seed Farm
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients into a Mason jar.
- Screw on lid very tightly and shake until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Quarter all the strawberries and place in a bowl with the lettuce, cucumber, walnuts and onion. Toss with dressing and serve.
TRY THESE OTHER GREAT PLATE RECIPES:
Recipes and Styling by Anna Calabrese / Photography by Dave Bryce
TABLE Magazine is proud to partner with Farm to Table and Buy Fresh Buy Local Western PA
As part of their mission to support and uplift local farms, they help us find farms, farm shares, farmers’ markets, and retailers who carry local farm products in our area. Visit farmtotablepa.com for more information.