The Michelada cocktail is a popular Mexican beverage enjoyed by many around the world. What makes this drink stand out is its savory flavor — typically made with beer, lime juice, hot sauce, and other spicy seasonings; the Michelada serves well as a fiery accompaniment to any delicious Mexican meal.
Eva Longoria’s 2023 CNN show Searching for Mexico showcased the food and culture of six diverse regions in the southern country, with the aim to illustrate Mexico’s multifaceted offerings beyond the cliche tacos and tequila. She inspired us to dive deeper into time-honored Mexican cuisine.
Eva Longoria Inspired Michelada Recipe
1 chilled Mexican lager
2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Mexican hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
Lime wedges for garnish
- Moisten the rim of a tall glass with a lime wedge, then rim it with Tajín.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- In a separate container, combine the freshly squeezed lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the lime juice mixture into the glass over the ice. Slowly pour the chilled Mexican lager beer into the glass, allowing it to mix with the other ingredients. Stir gently to combine all the flavors.
- Garnish the glass with a lime wedge.
Note: Some variations of Michelada include adding tomato juice, clamato juice, or even a splash of Maggi sauce. Feel free to experiment and customize.
Recipe by Gabe Gomez / Photography by Dave Bryce / Cocktail by Sarah Cascone / Styling by Anna Calabrese
Check out our other Eva Longoria inspired recipes:
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.