Hide a serving or two of veggies in a healthy muffin recipe! Toast them and eat them warm, or just pop one in a coat pocket for the on-the-go kid.
VEGGIE MUFFINS RECIPE
Makes 1 dozen
1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water
360 g (2 ½ cups) all-purpose flour (can replace up to ⅓ with whole wheat)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
14 oz carrot and zucchini, about 2 ½ cups grated
2 cups oat milk
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Everything spice or sesame seeds, to top
1. Mix flax and water. Sit for 5 minutes.
2. Combine dry ingredients, sifting baking powder.
3. Add veggies to dry ingredients
4. Combine wet ingredients. Add to dry. Mix. Add more milk by the teaspoon if mixture is too dry.
5. Top with Everything spice or sesame seeds.
6. Scoop into muffin tin lined with papers.
7. Bake at 350 degrees or 25-30 minutes. Enjoy your veggie muffins!
RECIPE AND STYLING BY SELENA ORKWIS / PHOTOGRAPHY BY LAURA PETRILLA
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.