Gather your besties, stake out a corner of the bar, and have yourself a winter cocktail. The five o’clock tradition is a great way to catch up and keep it casual. It’s also a chance to taste the creativity of fantastic mixologists like Ray Fertelmes at The Commoner, who shares one of his winter-menu items with TABLE readers. thecommonerpgh.com
THE NIGHT BEFORE RECIPE
1 oz Laird’s Apple Brandy
1 oz Arsenal Cider
1/2 oz heavy cream
3/4 oz 4-spice demerara syrup
1 egg white
Spiced carrot foam
1. Add all ingredients, except for the spiced carrot foam, into a Boston shaker with one ice cube. Shake until ice cube has melted down.
2. Add crushed ice to shaker and shake again until cold. Strain into a Collins glass.
3. Add soda water to tin with crushed ice.
4. Pour soda water over top of winter cocktail until foam has risen.
5. Top with spiced carrot foam.
RECIPE BY RAY FERTELMES, THE COMMONER / PHOTOGRAPHY BY ROSE COLORED CREATIVE
Try these other delicious rum cocktails:
Mulled Apple Cider with Rum and Vegan Whipped Cream
Cremas Is a Drink For Special Occassions
Don’t miss a single delicious thing:
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine here!