Spring Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri, Potato Leek Purée & Smoky Roasted Radishes is a mouthful to say and to enjoy. A visit to Fat Butcher, Lawrenceville’s nose-to-tail meatery, will provide the farm-raised lamb chops. Who Cooks For You Farm will get you set up with potatoes and leeks, and radishes, as will a trip to the Squirrel Hill Farmers’ Market starting May 31. The rest is simple!
SPRING LAMB CHOPS WITH MINT CHIMICHURRI, POTATO LEEK PURÉE & SMOKY ROASTED RADISHES RECIPE
FOR THE MINT CHIMICHURRI:
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a food processor, add parsley, mint, and olive oil. Pulse until the herbs are small but not quite the texture of a pesto. Place into a bowl. Add chopped shallot, garlic, vinegar, pepper flakes, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside
FOR THE LAMB:
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any oil with a high smoke point)
- 1 rack (8 pieces) lamb chops from Fat Butcher
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil and heat. Pat dry each chop with a paper towel. This will help the meat to brown. Season each lamp chop with salt and pepper.
- Add to the skillet and sear on both sides until golden brown, around 3 minutes per side. The internal temperature for a medium chop is 125 degrees. Let meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chimichurri on the side as a dipping sauce or drizzle over meat before serving
FOR THE RADISHES:
- 1 lb radishes from Tiny Seed Farm
- 2 tbsp Liokareas olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt from Steel City Salt Co.
Toss radishes in oil and sprinkle with smoked salt. Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until the radish tops are charred and the radishes brown.
FOR THE POTATO AND LEEK PURÉE:
- 2 leeks, trimmed, cleaned, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled, washed, and quartered from Who Cooks For You Farm
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes and leeks until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Once done, remove potatoes, push through a ricer, and set aside.
- Take the leeks and pulse through a food processor until puréed.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté the riced potatoes. Add milk, stirring until the potatoes reach a creamy consistency. Add leeks, and some reserved potato water to make a smooth mixture. Serve with the lamb chops and smoky roasted radishes.
TRY THESE OTHER GREAT PLATE RECIPES:
Citrus Salmon Carpaccio with Green Goddess Sauce
Goat Rodeo Grilled Cheese with Artichoke & Arugula Pesto
Crab Pasta with Lemon & Dill White Wine Sauce
Halibut & Asparagus in Papillote with Olive & Herb Relish
Strawberry Salad with Rhubarb Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipes and Styling by Anna Calabrese / Photography by Dave Bryce
With Support from Buy Fresh Buy Local Western PA
TABLE Magazine is proud to partner with Farm to Table and Buy Fresh Buy Local Western PA
As part of their mission to support and uplift local farms, they help us find farms, farm shares, farmers’ markets, and retailers who carry local farm products in our area. Visit farmtotablepa.com for more information.