In season vegetables and fruit make a bright and summery sauce to pair with grilled salmon — a great source of healthy fats — during warm weather days. Make it a nutritious meal by serving our Roasted Potato Salad alongside this fish dish.
TABLE Magazine friend and collaborator Kristen Palmer created this recipe with healthy, supportive ingredients in mind. A graduate of New York’s Natural Gourmet Institute, where she focused on nutrition and health along with formal culinary techniques, Kristen has worked as a private chef for the Pittsburgh Ballet. Her recipes center on nutrient-dense, body-beneficial foods.
Salmon with Roasted Peach and Yellow Tomato Sauce Recipe
16 oz salmon
4 small ripe peaches
1 medium yellow tomato
3 green onions
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
Needles of 3 rosemary sprigs
1/2 cup water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut tomato into quarters, halve and remove pits from 3 peaches, remove tops and ends of green onions.
- Toss in bowl with olive oil and salt. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Combine honey water, along with roasted tomato, peaches, and green onions in blender. Blend until smooth. Strain mixture over a bowl.
- Reserving some sauce for serving, place the rest of sauce in a shallow dish or pan.
- Portion salmon and season with salt, allow to sit for a moment.
- Place salmon, flesh down in shallow dish with sauce. Let salmon marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill or oven to broil. Grill or broil salmon until desired temperature. Serve with reserved sauce.
Recipe by Kristen Palmer / Styling by Anna Calabrese / Photography by Dave Bryce
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.