This Old Fashioned Craft Cocktail Kit is for the whiskey lover in your life. Start with a locally distilled whiskey. Place dried cherries, orange slices, thyme, and sugar in a Mason jar. Does your someone special like baking spices? Add some fresh ginger. Do they love cherries? Add extra. Perhaps they are vodka drinkers? Swap out the whiskey and the cherries, and add fresh lime and a few dashes of orange bitters instead. Just three days later: a scrumptious, personalized gift is ready for giving.
Old Fashioned Craft Cocktail Kit Recipe
Makes 1 jar
1 qt Mason jar
5 dried orange slices
1/4 cup dried cherries
3 dried thyme sprigs
1 cup sugar cubes
- Place all ingredients in Mason jar.
- Once you are ready to use, fill to the top with whiskey and let infuse for at least 3 days.
- Once the liquor is ready, use it in flavorful cocktails.
- This cocktail-in-a-jar can be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 1 year.
- For excellent giftable nibbles to enjoy with your cocktail, try our Salty Snack Mix Recipe!
Recipe and Styling by Anna Franklin / Photography by Dave Bryce
Our friends at Barberry Farm shared an afternoon with us, making these sipable gifts for some of their clients.
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine‘s print edition.