Get ready for a winter baking adventure with our Melted Snowmen Cake Pops! Bring the kids into the kitchen to build these kid-friendly treats made from crushed sugar cookies and white chocolate. Follow a few simple steps to create your own edible snowmen with adorable faces and chocolate arms.
Melted Snowmen Cake Pops Recipe
2 containers store-bought frosted sugar cookies
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 lb white chocolate melting wafers
Black and orange store-bought decorating icing, as needed
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, blend cookies with a paddle attachment until they are crushed and resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add heavy cream and mix until a soft dough forms. This should resemble the texture of normal cookie dough and should easily roll into a ball.
- Form small- and medium-sized balls and set in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- While the cake balls are chilling, melt white chocolate wafers over a double boiler.
- Stick each cake pop with a skewer, dip each piece into the white chocolate to cover it, then place on a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Top each cake pop with a smaller chocolate-covered ball to build a “snowman.” It’s okay if they aren’t perfect, that’s the goal!
- Once the white chocolate has set and you are able to handle them, use the colored decorating icing to draw faces on each snowman.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and place in a Ziplock bag. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag to use as a piping bag. Make little snowmen arms on a piece of wax paper and let harden.
- Place arms alongside the “melted” snowmen and enjoy!
Recipe and Styling by Anna Franklin / Photography by Dave Bryce
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.