We definitely enjoy pairing our matzo with savory flavors. But this year we’re jumping straight to dessert and using matzo as the base for this addicting bark recipe.
MATZO BARK RECIPE
Enough matzo to cover a baking sheet without any overlapping
11 oz Kosher caramels
1 tsp half and half or heavy cream
Passover certified sweetened coconut flakes or unsweetened coconut flakes
Kosher freeze dried strawberries
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with foil, wrapping it around the edges. Top this with a sheet of parchment paper.
2. Next place the matzo in a single layer, breaking it to fit the baking sheet.
3. In a small microwave safe bowl, add the caramel with the half and half or cream and heat in short 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until it is melted and spreadable.
4. Spread the caramel carefully and evenly over the matzo. Place in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set the caramel.
5. Gently heat the dark chocolate chips in short 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between, until it becomes a spreadable consistency.
6. Remove the chilled matzo and spread the chocolate on top.
7. Before the chocolate sets, gently press on the freeze dried strawberries and shredded coconut. Crush some of the freeze dried strawberries and sprinkle that also over the chocolate.
8. Gently heat the white chocolate chips in the same way you did the dark chocolate chips. Then use a piping bag to decorate the matzo bark.
9. Let all the ingredients set before breaking into pieces and serving.
RECIPE BY VEDA SANKARAN / STYLING BY VEDA SANKARAN AND ANNA CALABRESE / PHOTOGRAPHY BY DAVE BRYCE