We asked TABLE Magazine friend Chef Kevin Hermann to create game day recipes, and what he created was an epic menu that’ll draw even non-fans to the party!
MARINATED CHICKEN TOSTADA RECIPE
2.5-3 lb chicken breasts, skinless
3 tbsp cilantro
2 tbsp olive oil
zest of 1 lime
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tbsp coriander, ground
1/2 tsp cumin, ground
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp EVOO
1 sweet onion, julienned
4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, rough chopped
zest of 2 lemons
juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
18 flour or corn tortillas, cut into 3 inch circles
6-8 fl oz salsa verde
2 limes cut into small wedges for garnish
1 bunch cilantro, for garnish
10 oz queso fresco, crumbled for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Take the raw chicken breasts and marinade them in the 3T cilantro, 2T olive oil, juice and zest of 1 lime, coriander, cumin and black pepper. Allow to marinade for 1-2 hrs in refrigerator
2. Over medium-high heat sear chicken breasts in olive oil and butter. Flip chicken over and cover pan and place in the over for 25 mins, until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
3. Remove chicken from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature. Place onions and garlic into the pan and cook over medium high heat until liquid has reduced and onions are slightly caramelized.
4. Place cooked onions into medium large mixing bowl. Pull chicken apart with two forks and add to onion and garlic.
5. Mix the sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest, cilantro, and oregano
6. Allow to cool in refrigerator
7. Toast tortillas in a sauté pan over medium heat using 1-2T olive oil as needed
8. Place 2T cooled chicken mixture on each tortilla.
9. Garnish with salsa verde, queso fresco, cilantro and lime.
RECIPE BY KEVIN HERMANN / STYLING BY KEVIN HERMANN AND ANNA CALABRESE / PHOTOGRAPHY BY DAVE BRYCE
Try these other game day recipes:
Don’t miss a single delicious thing.
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine here.