TABLE contributor and friend Chef Jackie Page shares a Low-Carb Eggplant Napoleon recipe with our readers. This delicious use of fresh summer eggplant is a hearty compliment to a dinner menu, and can be enjoyed alone or packed as a healthy lunch option.
Low-Carb Eggplant Napoleon Recipe
2 eggplants, medium-sized
Salt and pepper
8 oz hummus
2 oz sour cream
4 oz Greek yogurt
¼ cup cherry peppers
¼ cup Kalamata olives
Sesame seeds to finish
- Slice eggplant a ½-inch-thick lengthwise.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil. These can be pan-fried oven-roasted, or cooked on the grill.
- Once you cook the eggplant, set them aside for a few minutes while you mix together your hummus, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the hummus-sour cream mixture onto 1 piece of eggplant and top it with another eggplant piece, then drizzle with Greek yogurt.
- Top with cherry peppers, Kalamata olives, parsley, and sesame seeds.
Recipe by Chef Jackie Page / Styling by Anna Calabrese / Photography by Dave Bryce
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.