The holidays can be very busy, so having an easy, festive cocktail to serve guests is a bonus when it comes to party hosting. The Kentucky Pom Mule has all the attributes of a holiday cocktail: the warmth of bourbon, effervescence of ginger beer, and the pleasing aroma of rosemary come together to create a refreshing cocktail that can be made in no time at all.
Kentucky Pom Mule Recipe
2 oz of Bourbon
4 oz of chilled ginger beer
1 oz of pomegranate rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- Combine Bourbon, ginger beer, and simple syrup in a copper mug over ice (or a rock’s glass will do), and give a light stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Pomegranate Simple Syrup
6 springs of fresh rosemary
1 c water
1 c sugar
- Remove the seeds from one pomegranate an place in a sauce pan.
- Mash the seeds in sauce pan along with 6 sprigs of rosemary.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and reduce the liquid for 15 minutes.
- The simple syrup can be made up to 1 week ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe and Styling by Justin Matase / Photography by Dave Bryce / Story by Star Laliberte
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine‘s print edition.