You’ll be quite pleased with the ease of preparation with this Halibut & Asparagus recipe. Don’t let the papillote scare you: that’s just French for “parchment paper.” Fold a serving of fresh halibut, spears of asparagus, garlic, and lemon into a packet of parchment paper and bake. Looks fancy, yes, but it’s easy. Add an herb relish made with farm-fresh flavors from various farm stands at the Bloomfield Saturday Market, back in summer mode starting May 7.
HALIBUT & ASPARAGUS IN PAPILLOTE WITH OLIVE & HERB RELISH RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR THE RELISH:
- 1 cup Castelvetrano olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
INGREDIENTS FOR THE HALIBUT:
- 4 6-oz halibut filets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all relish ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Assemble the pouches: Tear off 4 squares of parchment that are at least 12 inches on each side.
- Place 1 fish filet on each piece of parchment. Lightly sprinkle the fish with salt and minced garlic. Line each piece of fish with lemon slices and place asparagus on each side of the fish.
- Lift the right and left sides of the paper up and towards the center, directly above the fish. Touch the two sides together and tightly roll them, folding as you go, until you reach the fish. Roll and crimp the top and bottom ends, rolling them towards the counter, away from the center of the fish. When you reach the end, tuck the end underneath the fish.
- Place each pouch on a rimmed baking sheet, using the weight of the fish to hold the ends in place.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish is fully cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Serve warm with reserved lemon slices and garnish with relish.
TRY THESE OTHER GREAT PLATE RECIPES:
Citrus Salmon Carpaccio with Green Goddess Sauce
Goat Rodeo Grilled Cheese with Artichoke & Arugula Pesto
Crab Pasta with Lemon & Dill White Wine Sauce
Spring Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri, Potato Leek Purée & Smoky Roasted Radishes
Strawberry Salad with Rhubarb Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipes and Styling by Anna Calabrese / Photography by Dave Bryce
With Support from Buy Fresh Buy Local Western PA
TABLE Magazine is proud to partner with Farm to Table and Buy Fresh Buy Local Western PA
As part of their mission to support and uplift local farms, they help us find farms, farm shares, farmers’ markets, and retailers who carry local farm products in our area. Visit farmtotablepa.com for more information.