The classic Christmas special Santa Claus Is Coming to Town portrays Kris Kringle as a ginger. His memorably red mop of hair inspired us to create this Ginger Snap Cocktail, a brew that warms you with its temperature as well as its delicious blend of spices.
If the little ones want to join in, match a batch without the rum. It’s perfectly lovely without the spirits.
Ginger Snap, Inspired by Santa Claus is Coming to Town
8 cups apple cider
4 inches fresh ginger, sliced
4 cinnamon sticks
4 star anise
1 lemon, cut into wedges and de-seeded
1/4 cup honey
1 dried ancho pepper
1 cup Kingfly spiced rum
4 Biscoff cookies, crushed into fine dust
- Place the crushed Biscoff cookies in a saucer.
- Use one lemon wedge to moisten the rims of 4 mugs.
- Place the moistened lip of each mug in the cookie dust and coat generously. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except the rum in a saucepan. Warm slowly on the stove until it begins to boil. Turn off heat.
- Add rum and stir.
- Carefully ladle the brew into mugs. Sip slowly and enjoy!
Recipe by Keith Recker / Styling by Anna Franklin / Photography by Laura Petrilla
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine‘s print edition.