Over easy eggs, known as dippy eggs to many Pennsylvanians, are an easy yet nutritious dish to whip up in the morning (or really any time of day you’re craving a yolky meal). This recipe features creamed spinach, adding a rich and decadent touch.
Creamed Spinach with Dippy Eggs Recipe
1 – 16 oz container of baby spinach
1 shallot, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 container of Boursin cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 baguette for dipping
- In a large sauté pan, add olive oil, shallot, pepper flakes and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until slightly browned and aromatic.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add boursin cheese, heavy cream, and simmer until the cheese is completely melted.
- Using a spatula, make little holes in the creamed spinach to crack each egg into. Turn the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
- Serve immediately with a warm and crispy baguette.
Recipe, Styling, and Photography by Anna Calabrese
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.