Chef and caterer Kate Romane of Black Radish Kitchen shares her recipe for crab cakes with our readers. Size these as 2 ounce minis for an elevated appetizer, or form 4 ounce patties to serve as a main dish. Be sure to use quality jumbo lamb crab like this one from Wholey’s.
CRAB CAKES RECIPE
Yields 40-44 (2 oz party-sized patties)
1 ½ cans jumbo lump crab (the good stuff)
1 ⅛ cup mayo
2 tbsp dijon
¼ cup lemon zest
½ cup parsley
½ cup chives
3 tbsp dill
1 tbsp tarragon
1 ⅛ cup breadcrumbs (untoasted)
1 tbsp salt & pepper
1 ½ tsp Old Bay
¾ tsp paprika
1 cup olive oil breadcrumbs + salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil breadcrumbs. Taste and adjust seasonings.
3. Shape into 2 oz party-sized mini patties (or 4 oz patties for a main dish serving 8-10 people 2 patties each)
4. Roll in the olive oil breadcrumbs.
5. Oil a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees until heated and golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes.
RECIPE AND STYLING BY KATE ROMAINE / PHOTOGRAPHY BY DAVE BRYCE
Try these other appetizer recipes:
Don’t miss a single delicious thing.
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine here.