Is there anything more satisfying than sinking your teeth into a meticulously cooked rack of these succulent babyback pork delicacies? Hell’s bells, I doubt it. This outstanding recipe is bound to transport you to a state of finger-licking bliss and leave you craving for more.
Babyback Ribs Recipe
1 rack baby back pork ribs
2 cups homemade barbeque sauce (see recipe below)
½ cup chile powder
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup paprika
¼ cup salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Mix chile powder, white sugar, brown sugar, cumin, dry mustard, paprika, and salt in a small bowl until combined.
- Generously dry rub to all sides of the rib rack
- Preheat grill to 250 degrees
- Add ribs directly to the grill. Make sure to maintain consistency and even heat throughout the entire cooking process. Cook for two hours, approximately. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees.
- Once the ribs are at temperature, baste the ribs with half of the BBQ sauce. Leave them on the grill for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes. Cut and serve. Add extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Let babyback ribs cool before serving.
Recipe by Gabe Gomez
Subscribe to TABLE Magazine’s print edition.